Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lab Visits!




Lab Visits!
This week we have been visiting the Ph.D labs to get an introduction to their research and help us select our teams for our project. Each meeting involved a brief presentation by the Ph.D students to the JDs and MBAs followed by a tour of their lab facilities.  The picture above is from my first lab tour with Billy Wang's research in cell separation. The Ph.D's have done a great job explaining their highly technical research in terms that the rest of us can understand. They've also got a great head start in a few commercialization ideas. Touring all these labs reminded me of my engineering background, but now I was looking at each of these projects as a potential start-up company instead of as an academic exercise. I've got a few more visits to go on before team selection. I hope to see all seven to get as much information as I can before team selection!








No comments:

Post a Comment